Yields 1.5 pints
- 2 teaspoons ground green cardamom
- 1.5 cups half & half
- 0.5 cups sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 0.5 teaspoons rose water
- 2 tablespoons Dumante (pistachio liquer)
1. Heat half & half and cardamom over low heat, until it comes to a simmer. Once it is simmering, add the sugar and allow the mixture to continue heating until the sugar is dissolved and the flavor of the cardamom has infused, about 10-15 minutes. Take care that your mixture does not boil. Ask a question about this step.
2. Remove cardamom infused half & half from the heat and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes. Ask a question about this step.
3. Place the egg yolks in a blender and mix, streaming in the cardamom half & half slowly until both are well incorporated. Ask a question about this step.
4. Add heavy cream, Dumante and rose water to the blender and mix. Ask a question about this step.
5. Chill your ice cream base until is has completely cooled, then churn according to your ice cream maker instructions.