Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 ripe peaches, peeled, pit removed and sliced*
- 1/4 cup Dumante Liqueur
- 2 cups (4 large scoops) premium vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pistachios (optional)
1. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil.
2. Add peaches and cook 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until soft.
3. Carefully pour Dumante (from measuring cup, not from the bottle) into skillet and simmer 3 minutes.
Serve over ice cream scooped into 4 dessert dishes.
Garnish, if desired with chopped pistachios and a sprig of mint.
To peel peaches: Score an X-mark on each peach base with paring knife. Lower into simmering water with slotted spoon and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute (time depends on ripeness of peaches). Remove to bowl of ice water. Remove when cool and peel starting from the X-mark.