Recipe courtesy of Chef William Beauchamp, owner of the FUNKY FOODGASM.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 TBS of Dumante Pistachio Liqueur: more later for coating
- 2 1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 pounds dates, chopped
- 1 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1/2 pound candied cherries (halves or pieces)
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pine nuts
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- Combine fruits and nuts in a large bowl and sprinkle with 3/4 cup of flour. Use your hands or a wooden spoon to coat the fruit and nuts with the flour.
- In another large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar; add the eggs and vanilla, and beat well.
- Mix in the remaining 1 3/4 cups of flour and the soda.
- Stir in the floured fruits and nuts (batter will be very stiff).
- Drop portions of desired size (I use a large soup spoon) onto greased baking sheets, and bake at 350˚F until cookies are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Remove and coat liberally with Dumante Pistachio Liqueur