Chef Marie of Proud Italian Cook introduces her readers to Dumante Verdenoce in her holiday inspired Dumante Zabaione.
Zabaione is a, “light boozy custard” and in this case has been perfected with the luscious addition of Dumante Verdenoce Italian Liqueur.
- 1/4 cup of Dumante
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- Heat pan of water to a simmer – Do not boil
- Place a heat safe bowl on top of the water filled with all ingredients
- Whisk the mixture continuously over simmering water, not boiling.
- Cook until you get a consistency of a thin pudding with the internal temp of 145 degrees
- Remove and continue whisking until you reach room temperature. if it’s too thick add cream or water.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Marie Renello of the Proud Italian Cook Blog. Chef Marie has a strong passion for Italian cooking as you can find a stunning array of seasonal recipes, some traditional, some modernized on her blog. To see other recipes by Chef Marie visit her blog at www.prouditaliancook.com