Going green on St. Patty’s day got a whole lot easier thanks to Gourmet De Ville and their twist on Lee Zalben’s Pistachio Milkshake. Sweet ice cream and chopped pistachios are the perfect beginning to a St. Patty’s day treat, however Zalben took the recipe one step further by adding green food coloring in true spirit of the holiday. The Gourmet De Ville team felt his original recipe could only be made better with the addition of Dumante Verdenoce. “…you could boost the pistachiosity of this milkshake by incorporating Dumante Verdenoce, the pistachio-flavored liqueur
imported from Italy”. We couldn’t agree more, which is why we are sharing Gourmet’s adult friendly Pistachio Milkshake.
Verdenoce Pistachio Milkshake
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream or gelato
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup pistachio butter* See original article for pistachio butter recipe – link in photo caption
- 2-3 drops green food coloring
- 1 shot Dumante Verdenoce
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachios
- Combine ice cream, milk, butter, coloring and Dumante Verdenoce in a blender.
- Pulse on high until desired consistency achieved
- Pour into tall glass and garnish with chopped pistachios
Original recipe courtesy of Lee Zalben on Serious Eats. Link to original recipe can be found in photo caption; Updated recipe courtesy of Gourmet De Ville, “Go Pistachio for Saint Patrick’s Day”