- 4 Chickens (hotel cut)
- 12 oz. Canola/Clarified Butter 50/50 Blend
- 4 Jalapeños (seeded and finely diced)
- 8 oz. Mezcal
- 16 oz. Chicken Stock
- 8 oz. Butter
- 4 oz. Lime juice
1. Season chicken on both side with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat two 10’’ sauté pans and add the oil mixture. When the oil reaches its smoking point add two chickens to each pan skin side down and brown on both sides.
3. Degrease pans and place in a 400° oven for approximately 9-12 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 155° F. Make sure to turn the chicken halfway through the cooking process to ensure even cooking.
4. Place the chicken on a cooling rack and allow to rest.
5. Place the pans on the stove on high heat and add the jalapenos evenly to both pans and sauté. Remove the pans from the heat and add 4 ounces of Dumante Liqueur to each pan and deglaze. Reduce to a sec.
6. Add chicken stock to both pans and reduce to a medium thick napper then mount with butter. Cook until you see a nice shine.
7. Plate the chicken and napper lightly.